Monday, June 6, 2011

a sisters point of view...

As a mother, I know that Karen and Jason must be going through a lot. Although I really do not know what it feels like, I know that there must be so many emotions with having sweet Cooper in the NICU.

Now as a sister, I'm broken. Karen is not only my sister, but my best friend. I hurt for her when Cooper was born as much as I rejoiced when we heard he took his first breath. As much as I want to go over and teach Karen everything I know about being a mother(which isn't much...) :-) I feel totally and completely helpless. I don't know what to do for them. I don't know what to say a lot of the time, and I'm at a lose (for once in my life) All I do is pray. For her. For Jason. and for little Cooper.

I see Jason and Karen and have seen how they have just turned into these amazing and caring parents. They are strong, and they have the kind of strength that one could only get from our amazing God.

Karen, Jason.... I love you guys so much. Karen, you are my best friend and I am so excited that you are now a mom and we can share this bond our whole lives. I know I don't tell you this enough, but I am praying for you guys like crazy. I have been praying for my future nephew for who knows how long! (Long before he was even in your tummy) You are already blowing me away with how awesome of a mom you are. Love you sister...
And Chandler... ever since I didn't give Karen the message that you called (to ask her out on your first date) I love ya. You're the best thing that could have happened to KK and you fit into our crazy family just perfectly. You are one proud pappa, and this is a brand new side of you that I am already loving!

And my nephew....my sweet nephew. I just want to hold him and squeeze him and love on him. Seeing his tiny little body in the NICU is one amazing thing. He is truly a work of God and his here by God's grace alone. He will one day be a little firecracker and I can't wait to spoil him....and send him back home! :-)

Many people have texted me, and emailed me, or asked what they could do for K&J. When I asked Karen, she kind of just shrugs and says "There's not much"... So here is what others are doing for hem, and I think that these are the small things that help the most...

Send J&K gift cards to restaurants. They are making 3 or 4 trips to the hospital a day, and do not have a lot of time to cook at home.

Send them gas cards to help cover the cost of gas with all of their trips to the hospital.

Send easy pre-cooked meals for them. Breakfast, snacks, lunch or dinner.

Give them a call, email or text and offer your help, love, support and congrats. (they may not accept the help, but it is good to know they have it)

And also give your prayer. Pray without ceasing.

Little Coop is one week old today, and still needs prayers. He'll need prayers all summer.
I put his picture on the wallpaper on my phone. When I see it, I just whisper a little prayer for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment